Student Government Association Board Leaders
|President||Michael Massei (MD3)||email@example.com|
|Vice-President||Shareef Hasim (MD3)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secretary||Melissa Brown (MD3)||email@example.com|
|Treasurer||Ved Maharajh (MD3)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|GIVE Volunteer Coordinators||Aly Fairservice (MD3)||email@example.com|
Student and Community Affairs Officer
|Erica Spano (MD3)
Jessica Fernandez (MD3)
Aly Fairservice (MD3)
Erkan Batti (MD2)
|MD4 Class Rep||Bernard Solutafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MD3 Class Rep||Anum Shaibzadaemail@example.com|
|MD2 Class Rep||Lucas Zadanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|*MD1 Class Reps
*At the beginning of the semester during the 1st or 2nd week, MD1s will nominate and vote for a class representative. Class representatives should give a 1-2 minute speech of why they would be the best candidate in representing the MD1 class.
A ‘Class Rep’ is the spokesperson for the class. They are the liaison between the students and the professors, the SGA, and administration. Responsibilities of the Class Rep includes the following but is not limited to:
- Attend weekly SGA meetings and disseminates information back to the class through announcements or emails
- Brings forward your requests, concerns, and class-specific issues.
- Addresses in-class concerns, ensures classroom supplies are available, and manages various other daily classroom activities.
- Promote self-improvement
- Address student problems in collaboration with the school administration
- Maintain good relations with the Island community and the Government of Saint Vincent & Grenadines
- Organize recreational activities
The student body elects a…
- Vice President
Class Representatives are elected from Semester One to Three and serve as SGA officers.
The officers meet regularly with the medical school administration to discuss student concerns and issues.
SGA sponsored student events:
- Welcome for New Students
- Lunch, Sports Day, or BBQ
- After Block Exam Parties
- American/Canadian Holiday Parties
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Bake Sale Fundraisers
- Balls/ Formal Dances
- Movie Nights
- Teacher Appreciation Day
- Health Fairs
- Bundle of His
- White Coat Ceremonies